Purpose of these Notices.
At Current Home Sellers, we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the “Services,” or, each individually, a “Service”). Current Home Sellers respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
1. Information Collected by Current Home Sellers.
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services. Some of this information identifies you directly or can be used to identify you when combined with other data.
- Information you provide. When using the Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, contact information, payment information, details about your home or properties you are interested in, financial information. This may occur, for example, when you register on the Services, claim a home, share or save a property, correspond with a real estate professional (such as a real estate agent or broker, property manager, investor, homebuilder, or others) via the Services, or complete other forms or transactions, such as a request for loan information or a rental housing and background check application. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
- Location Data. If you enable location services on your mobile device, Current Home Sellers may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
- Usage logs. We collect information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Public content. You may provide information publicly through the Services, such as when you leave a review for a real estate professional, or by other means and forms throughout the website.
Collection of information. Current Home Sellers will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13.
2. How Current Home Sellers Uses Your Information
Current Home Sellers generally uses the information collected about you to provide and improve the Services, including to:
- provide and deliver the Services, process transactions and send related information such as confirmations and invoices;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Current Home Sellers and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- revise, modify, and update existing Services and develop new Services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Current Home Sellers and others;
- personalize the Services and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Email Management. You may receive email from Current Home Sellers for a variety of reasons – for example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted your home for sale and a buyer sent you a message. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
3. When Current Home Sellers Shares and Discloses Your Information
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your information that identifies you personally. We will only share personal information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. When you consent or direct Current Home Sellers to share the personal information. This happens when you submit your information through many of our Services. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent, investor, property manager, other real estate professional or website users, through the Services, your name, phone number, email address, and message content will appear to the website user.
Current Home Sellers may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Third-Party Links and Websites
5. Security and Retention of Information
Current Home Sellers takes reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us from unauthorized use, access, and disclosure, both during transmission and at rest. However, no transmission of information via the Internet nor electronic storage solution can be entirely secure, so please be aware that we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You can access, update, and delete personal information you provide to Current Home Sellers in your account profile by logging into your account on the relevant Current Home Sellers Service. We may maintain a copy of the original version of your information in our records.
6. Transfer of Information to the United States
Current Home Sellers is based in the United States and you acknowledge that the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
7. Government and Private Party Information Requests
Current Home Sellers occasionally receives various forms of legal process from government agencies and private parties requesting information about Current Home Sellers users. Before we produce information, we will attempt to notify affected users and give them an opportunity to object unless notification is prohibited by law or if we believe that notification would create a risk of harm or be otherwise counterproductive.
8. Contacting Current Home Sellers